Whenever I’m asked to bring something to a party, these are my go-to. They take about 20 minutes to make and everyone usually raves about them. I made them for last New Year’s Even and they were the first thing gone!
If you wanted these for a dinner item use large chicken strips from the freezer section. You could also toss these on a Salad to make a complete dinner. I prefer to eat them along with some celery and homemade ranch dressing.
Sticky Finger Popcorn Chicken
1 large bag of your favorite Popcorn Chicken (we like Tyson brand)
2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4-1/2 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce (we like Frank’s Hot Sauce)
1. Bake chicken according to directions on the package.
2. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, stir together brown sugar, vinegar and hot sauce.
3. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and wait for chicken to finish cooking.
5. Once chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and place into a large bowl.
6. Pour over 1/2 cup of sauce and gently toss to coat.
7. Wait 5 minutes and pour another 1/2 cup of sauce over top and toss to coat.
Wait another 5 minutes and toss with another 1/2 cup of sauce. This
helps the sauce to completely coat and caramelize the chicken without
making it soggy.
9. Serve with celery sticks, ranch dip and more sticky sauce to dip!