Coconut Cashew Toffee Recipe
It only takes 5 super simple ingredients to make and will seriously 'wow' those you share it with.
Most toffee recipes call for some sort of nuts sprinkled on top so when I saw coconut cashews, I knew they would be perfect for this. Feel free to leave off the nuts all together. I promise it's just as good!
Coconut Cashew Toffee
1 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
2 TBSP water
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup coconut cashews, roughly chopped
1. In a medium pot stir together sugar, butter and water over medium high heat.
2. Bring to a boil and continually stir for about 7-9 minutes or until toffee turns a light to medium amber color.
3. Remove from heat and immediately pour out onto a cookie sheet.
4. With an offset spatula, gently spread out just a little until toffee is even thickness. You won't spread it to the edges of the cookie sheet.
5. Quickly sprinkle with chocolate chips and let it sit for 1 minute.
6. Spread chocolate evenly over toffee and sprinkle with chopped coconut cashews.
7. Cool completely before breaking into small pieces, about 2 hours.
*I bought my coconut cashews at Trader Joe's.