I've been seeing chocolate covered cinnamon bears everywhere lately. When I was pregnant with my oldest (9 years ago) I bought some at the grocery store in the bulk candy section just because they sounded good. They became the #1 thing I craved. I don't like cinnamon bears. Never have. However...you cover those little delights in chocolate and they become my favorite candy on the planet!
I don't crave them anymore but, I can't deny that I would ever pass them up if they were in front of me. I have thought about actually dipping them in chocolate. Then I thought, um, no!
This is way easy (and quicker) than individually dipping them and tastes even better!
Cinnamon Bear Chocolate Bark
2 cups chocolate chips, milk or semi sweet
1 dozen cinnamon bears
1/2 cup popped popcorn
1/2 cup pretzel sticks
Red and white Sixlets candy
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips for 40-50 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds until melted.
3. Immediately pour onto paper lined baking sheet and evenly spread out to about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Place cinnamon bears, popcorn, pretzels and Sixlets all over melted chocolate. Gently press down.
5. Let the chocolate cool down and harden. About 4-6 hours.
6. Cut into large or medium pieces.
7. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
This post is linked up at - Friday Finds, Creative Collection, Link Party Palooza, BR and DIYP, The Party Bunch, The Weekend Re-Treat, Lovely Little Link Party,