All the food assignments are made and we've even got a few appetizers on the menu. I especially love mini cheese balls that I plan on making. Everyone loves a festive cheese ball, but there is something unappetizing about the large ones to me. Once it's been dipped into by a few people it just looks sad and pathetic regardless if it tastes wonderful!
That's how my Mini Ranch Cheese Balls came about and they are perfect for any party. Its the perfect amount for an individual serving and your cheese platter still looks great when everyone takes their own.
This year I thought it would be really fun to to create pumpkin shaped ones. It all comes together super quickly, but it will be sure to wow your holiday quests!Mini Pumpkin Cheese Balls
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz. Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 pkt Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix
1 cup Cheddar Crackers, crushed
1. In a food processor, or by hand, blend together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and ranch.
2. Place the cracker crumbs into a small bowl.
3. Using a 2 TBSP scoop, scoop out a cheese ball and gently roll it into the cracker crumbs.
4. Place directly onto a platter or into small cupcake liners.
5. Stick a whole clove into the top creating the "stem".
6. Chill until ready to serve.
Here are some other fun holiday recipes!