Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzels is my new favorite recipe to make for an easy holiday treat. The combination of caramel and peanut butter is one of my favorites. And let’s not forget both milk and white chocolate!
Pretzel Hugs are super popular during the month of December and are pretty easy to make. They consist of a pretzel square, Hershey’s hug and a Christmas candy placed on top.
There’s also the Turtle version that also included a pretzel square but involves a Rolo candy and a pecan half. Also very easy to make.
I wanted to make a version that included peanut butter. I love when it’s included in a sweet and salty combo. I didn’t want to use a large peanut butter cup because I knew whatever I pressed into the top would make the peanut butter gush out the sides. That would not be very appetizing!
It was then that I remembered seeing white chocolate mini peanut butter cups at the grocery store. Then it was completely enticing to use a Rolo because who doesn’t love chocolate, caramel and peanut butter together?
What You Need To Make Christmas Candy
You can pick up all three ingredients at any grocery store.
- Square Pretzels (sometimes called Waffle Pretzels)
- Rolo Chocolate Candies
- Mini Reese’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Standard Baking Sheet
How To Make Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzels
- Place pretzel squares onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Onto each pretzel place an unwrapped Rolo candy.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a mini white chocolate peanut butter cup into the center of the Rolo.
- Let them cool for 1 hour before serving or packaging up to give as gifts.
If you liked this recipe be sure these others.
Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzels Recipe
Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzels
- 40 Square Pretzels
- 40 Rolo Candies, Unwrapped
- 40 Mini White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a single layer of pretzels onto a standard baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Rolo candy.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes until the chocolate is glossy.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into the center of the Rolos.
- Cool completely for 1 hour before serving or packaging up for gifts.