Peppermint Bark Popcorn should be made all throughout the holidays!
Bring it to all your parties or package it up and give it to your neighbors and friends. Make it in minutes and have it on hand for whenever anyone drops in as well!
I first discovered white chocolate popcorn over a decade ago when a friend made it for a get together. She had given up chocolate, but allowed herself a little white chocolate as a treat. Never had I ever thought the combination of white chocolate and salty popcorn would be something I would crave later, but I do.
During the holidays I like to add in a peppermint and mint chocolate to make it more festive! All the ingredients you can find in the baking isle. If your grocery store is like mine, they create special shelves for all the baking goodies to make it easier to find everything. This is where you can find the two main ingredients you will need.
How To Make Peppermint Popcorn
It’s one of the most simple, easy and quick treats that you can make. It also make a big impact and everyone loves it. Here is how you make it.
- In a large bowl pour in 10 cups of popped popcorn.
- In a medium bowl pour in 4 cups of popped popcorn.
- Melt almond bark and pour over the large bowl of popcorn.
- Toss to coat and and stir in Ande’s Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips in.
- Spread evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Melt Ande’s Creme de Menthe Baking Chips and pour over medium bowl of popcorn.
- Toss to coat and evenly spread onto a separate baking sheet.
- Place into the fridge to help set up.
- Melt more Ande’s Creme de Menthe Baking Chips and drizzle over white chocolate popcorn.
- Place back into the fridge to set up.
- Once all of the chocolates have set up break up white chocolate popcorn into smaller clumps and mix together with min chocolate coated popcorn.
- Serve or package up in cellophane bags.
I made a couple of batches and delivered it to some friends. It took me no time at all. What I love about it most is that it makes a lot. I also don’t have to be in the kitchen all day!
Here are some other peppermint recipes I think you will like!
Peppermint Bark Popcorn Recipe
Peppermint Bark PopcornPrint Pin
- 14 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 6 Squares Vanilla Almond Bark
- 12 oz Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 1 Cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Pour 10 cups of popcorn into a large bowl and 4 cups of popcorn into a medium bowl.
- Melt vanilla almond bark in a microwave proof bowl according to package directions. About 30-60 seconds.
- Stir and pour over large bowl of popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Evenly spread white chocolate popcorn over a baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- While that is chilling, melt min chocolate in a microwave proof bowl for 30-60 seconds. Stir after every 10 seconds.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate over the medium bowl of chocolate and stir to coat.
- Evenly spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Remove white chocolate popcorn from the fridge and drizzle remaining mint chocolate over the top.
- Place the baking sheet back into the fridge until chocolate is set up. About 5 minutes.
- Once all chocolate is set, break white chocolate popcorn into smaller clumps and mix together with mint chocolate popcorn. Serve.