It seems like my life has gotten extremely busy lately. Work has picked up quite a bit…did you know that I shoot recipes pics for other blogs and companies? Plus school is about to be back in session and I’ll only have one little at home with me this year. We are trying to fit in the last of swimming lessons and gathering school supplies.
It only takes a little chopping and truly is delicious. I also love using veggies in season and have been given quite a few from friends and neighbors. It’s times like this that I wish my own thumb was little greener! Haha!
Use any vegetables that you know your family will love. My boys love broccoli and can be coerced to eat carrots. The squash is for my husband and me. Everyone of us really enjoy the sausage and it all works very well together.
Roasted Veggies and Sausage
1lb Smoked Sausage Link, Cut into 1″ Slices
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
1 Large Yellow *Squash, Cut in Half and Sliced
2 Large Carrots, Peeled and Sliced in Coins
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Freshly Cracked Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the broccoli and carrots onto a large baking sheet with sides
3. Drizzle with 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil and coat.
4. Add in sliced sausage and spread out into an even layer.
5. In bowl add squash and drizzle with remaining oil.*
6. Salt and pepper to taste the baking sheet and squash.
7. Roast the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
8. Add the squash to the sheet and cook for another 10 minutes.
*Squash and Zucchini take half the time to cook so remember when adding it with root veggies or broccoli and cauliflower.