Christmas Tree Cheese and Cracker Tray is the perfect holiday appetizer! Super easy to assemble. Use your favorite meats, cheeses, crackers and vegetables.
Cheese and crackers are a pretty classic appetizer to serve at holiday parties so why not make it even more festive and layer it in the form of a tree?! I’ve been creating this for the last few years and it’s always a hit.
The most important part of this is using all of your favorite ingredients. If there is a special cheese you family loves, use it. If your guests like things a little spicy, through some peppers in here. Make this your own.
In chance you need a little guidance, I’ve listed all the items I’ve included in the recipe card below.
Cheese and Cracker Board
Isn’t it darling? Can food be darling? If so, this is! It is definitely not your typical cheese and cracker tray There is something about a cheese and cracker tray that I cannot resist. Maybe it’s all the different colors and textures, but I can’t get enough.
I tend to play it a little safe on the types of cheese, meats and vegetables that I use when creating this. I also focus on using the traditional reds and greens so popular during the holiday. You certainly could could branch out and use fancy ingredients if you think your guests would love it.
Ultimate Holiday Appetizer
This entire board took me about 20 minutes to put together. If you want you could preslice the meats and have the cheese already cubed and chilled in the refrigerator a few days before you need to serve it.
I like to finish off the entire thing with pomegranate arils. It adds a pop of Christmas color and I they remind me of lights on a tree.
Feel free to add a bit more rosemary springs or other greenery to spruce up your board.
Of course you must have a star on top of your tree so I simply cut mine out of a white cheese. I used mozzarella and think it works out perfectly.
Other holiday appetizer I think you’ll love!
Christmas Tree Cheese and Cracker Tray Ingredients
Christmas Tree Cheese and Cracker Tray
- 12 oz Smoked Turkey Deli Meat Thinly Sliced
- 16 oz Summer Sausage Thinly Sliced
- 16 oz Pepperoni Slices
- 8 oz Colby Jack Cheese Cubed
- 8 oz Sharp White Cheese Cubed
- 24 Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Radishes Quartered
- 24 Butter Crackers
- 24 Table Water Crackers
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives with Pimentos
- 4 Rosemary Sprigs
- 1/2 inch Mozzarella Slice
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Arils
- On a large wood board, layer spinach leaves in a row overlapping a little at the bottom of the tray.
- Over lapping the spinach a bit, spread a layer of table water crackers in a row just shorter than the row of spinach.
- Next, place the quartered radishes slightly over the table water crackers.
- Sprinkle the Colby jack cheese right above the radishes making them just short on either side.
- Ruffle up the sliced turkey and alternate it with the sliced pepperoni across the top of the Colby cheese.
- Place a layer of butter crackers next.
- Lay a few sprigs of rosemary above the butter crackers.
- Next add the sharp white cheddar cheese cubes.
- Place the green olives above the cheese cubes.
- Above the green olives pile up the grape tomatoes.
- With a small star cookie cutter, cut a star shape out of the slice of mozzarella cheese and place on top of the grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese with a few pomegranate arils to complete it.