Tomato Cucumber Salad is super fresh and very easy to make in the summer. Persian Cucumbers thinly sliced, plump grape tomatoes and basil create a delicious side salad melody. It’s best when it has time to chill. Just toss it all together the day before and it will be set!
My family recently just discovered our love for mini cucumbers! Does your family eat them? They are especially perfect in the summer time and my boys can’t get enough of them.
The last time I was at Trader Joe’s I picked up a couple of bags of cucumber and some gorgeous grape tomatoes. I started growing my own basil this summer and I knew I had a perfect salad in the making.
It took no time at all to chop and slice the veggies and basil. Wait to chop the basil until the very last minute because it tends to turn black on the edges.
Recipes like this one are good when eaten right way, but so much better if they can sit and chill out in the fridge for a few hours like this Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Salad. The flavors get a change to marinate together and become one delicious salad!
How To Make Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Add sliced tomatoes and cucumbers in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over tomatoes and cucumbers and toss to coat.
- You can eat this immediately, but it is definitely tastier when it is chilled for 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
Great Salad Recipes
Here are a few other delicious salad recipes I know you’ll love!
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Classic Potato Salad
- Shredded Brussel Sprouts and Pecans Salad
- Spinach Almond Salad
- Broccoli Ramen Salad by Salt and Lavender
Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 16 oz Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 8 Gourmet Baby Cucumbers Sliced Into 1/4″ Slices
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- Juice From Half a Lemon about 2 TBSP
- 3 TBSP Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Add tomatoes and cucumbers in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over tomatoes and cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.