I’ll let you in on a secret. Every year at this time I try to come up with the perfect potato salad recipe and I seem to fall short. I either over boil the potatoes, don’t add enough dressing or under season the entire thing.
I’m positive I’ve finally come up with the perfect recipe and I couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. One of the greatest things about it is that it’s cooked in the Instant Pot.
Classic Potato Salad Made In The Instant Pot
4-5 Large Russet Potatoes
8 Large Eggs
3 Scallions, Thinly Sliced
2 Celery Ribs, Finely Diced
1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
2 TBSP Mustard
1/3 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
Fresh Dill, Chopped, Optional
1. Place washed potatoes in the Instant Pot. If the potatoes are really large, cut them half.
2. Pour in 1 cup of water.
3. Loosely cover eggs completely with foil and place on top of the potatoes.
4. Cover with lid and close seal valve.
5. Set to Manual for 4 minutes.
6. Once the time is up release the valve and remove the eggs.
7. Put eggs into a large bowl with ice water.
8. Cover Intant Pot with lid again (closed valve) and set to Manual for 10 additional minutes.
9. Once the time is up release the valve and remove potatoes to a plate to cool for 10 minutes.
10. Remove skin from potatoes and cube into bite size pieces. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
11. Peel eggs and rough chop. Chill with potatoes.
12. In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper.
13. Mix in potatoes, eggs, celery and scallions.
14. Garnish with chopped dill and sliced scallions.