We are only days away from Thanksgiving and I'm already dreaming of the leftovers! I love knowing that those few days after the feast, I have a fridge full of delicious turkey, stuffing (my fav here) and gravy! And let's not forget having pie for breakfast! Anyone, else?
I had a friend over when I made these Thanksgiving Leftover Sliders and her eyes lit up when she took a bite. Then I had my husband try them and he had the same reaction. These are pretty phenomenal!
You can customize these how you like with whatever leftovers you have. I created these with stuffing, turkey, and cranberry sauce.
Thanksgiving Leftover Sliders
12 Dinner Rolls
1 1/2 Cups Stuffing
1 cup Cranberry Sauce
6 Slices Swiss Cheese
1 Stick of Butter, melted
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
1/4 tsp Ground Mustard
1 TBSP Dried Onions
1. Cut rolls in half and lay the bottom half next to each other in a 9x13 pan.
2. Spread out stuffing evenly over rolls.
3. Lay sliced turkey over the top in an even layer.
4. Spread cranberry sauce over the turkey.
5. Place cheese over the cranberry sauce. It will overlap some.
6. Lightly spread the underside of the tops with mayo and place on top of the cheese.
7. Preheat oven to 350.
8. In a small bowl mix together melted butter, poppy seeds, ground mustard and dried onions.
9. Pour evenly over the top. Let it drip down the sides a bit.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
11. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until tops are brown and slightly crispy.
12. Let them sit for 10 minutes before serving.
* These are even better if they are made ahead and covered and chilled in the fridge for 12 hours.
* And even better if they are dipped in gravy!