I have a few weaknesses in life and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies is pretty much at the top of the list! Over the years I’ve had my favorite recipes and I even came up with some tips for making the perfect batch! I’ve also experimented on my own to create my own perfect cookie and I’m here to tell you that I’ve finally done it!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
My recipe for these Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip are worth all the butter, sugar and chocolate chips I’ve used all these years.
Slightly crispy edges, but the inside has the best chewy center. Super irresistible!
If you follow me on Instagram (which I hope you do!) you would have seen in my Insta Stories that I set a new year’s goal to eat more cookies without feeling guilty! I’ll clarify that I meant to eat more worth while cookies like these and not feel guilty! No more wasting my time on store bought or mediocre cookie recipes. This one has my heart and will be a family favorite for years to come!
I taped a whole Facebook Live video showing you exactly how I make them.
Click here for Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies video.
When you try this recipe, I’d love to hear your feedback! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Big And Chew Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt until almost incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips and finish mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop* or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up dough and place onto a baking sheet (six balls of dough per sheet).
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add a few more chocolate chips to the top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.