I have a few weaknesses in life and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies is pretty much at the top of the list! Over the years I’ve had my favorite recipes and I even came up with some tips for making the perfect batch! I’ve also experimented on my own to create my own perfect cookie and I’m here to tell you that I’ve finally done it!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
My recipe for these Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip are worth all the butter, sugar and chocolate chips I’ve used all these years.
Slightly crispy edges, but the inside has the best chewy center. Super irresistible! You can certainly make them regular size, but they actually bake up better if you divide them up using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. I really prefer to use a super large cookie scoop like this one from Amazon.
If you follow me on Instagram (which I hope you do!) you would have seen in my Insta Stories that I set a new year’s goal to eat more cookies without feeling guilty! I’ll clarify that I meant to eat more worth while cookies like these and not feel guilty! No more wasting my time on store bought or mediocre cookie recipes. This one has my heart and will be a family favorite for years to come!
I taped a whole Facebook Live video showing you exactly how I make them.
Click here for Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies video.
When you try this recipe, I’d love to hear your feedback! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Test out these other scrumptious cookie recipes!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Magic Caramel Pretzel Cookie Bars
- $25,000 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Samoa Cookies by The Recipe Rebel
Big Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Big And Chew Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt then slowly add to the wet ingredients.
- Blend until the flour is halfway incorporated. You don't want to over mix the dough.
- Add in chocolate chips and finish mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop* or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up dough and place onto a large plate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Place 6 dough balls onto a baking sheet. Make sure to space them evenly apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add a few more chocolate chips to the top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.