Holiday Eggnog Pie is a no bake recipe and perfect for the holidays. It’s a super creamy filling topped with freshly whipped cream. It can be made a few days ahead and even freezes really well.
Who loves eggnog around the holidays?
I’ll tell you a secret. I’m not a huge fan. Maybe it’s because I think the milky texture should taste like milk and not spiced.
I do, however, love the idea of eggnog and don’t mind eating it. Just not drinking it.
My husband is a super fan and he goes through about a gallon throughout the month of December. It’s something he grew up with so it has nostalgia behind it. My dad occasionally got it a handful of times during my childhood, but my mom hated it.
I created this pie to meet in the middle for my husband and I. The filling is super creamy and it’s topped with freshly whipped cream.
There are only a few ingredients that make up this recipe. In all honesty, I have not perfected a good pie crust so I don’t mind buying a premade pie crust. There are some great products out there. You certainly can use your favorite recipe. Just make sure to pre bake it before you fill it.
The other simple ingredients include two boxes of vanilla pudding mix. I use the small and large sizes of the mixes because I love it when a pie is full of a filling. Don’t skimp on the good stuff.
Even though I use actual eggnog in the recipe, you’ll also add in a few spices just to bring home all those holiday flavors!
It’s finished off with freshly whipped cream. My favorite part of any pie you make at home. This is a part of the recipe that you shouldn’t substitute in my opinion.
Be sure to try out these other holiday recipes I’m sure you will love!
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Peppermint Christmas S’Mores
- Christmas Magic Bars
- Eggnog Cookies by Cooking Classy
Holiday Eggnog Pie Recipe
- 1 Premade Crust Baked According To Directions
- 5 oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding Large Pudding Box
- 3.4 oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding Small Pudding Box
- 3 1/2 Cups Eggnog
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Sugar
- Bake crust according to package or recipe directions. Let it cool completely before filling.
- Whip together whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on high speed until firm peeks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whip together pudding, eggnog, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for two minutes on medium speed.
- Immediately pour into crust and gently spread out evenly.
- Top with whipped cream and cover completely.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.