This is the perfect copycat recipe for Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums. These are a popular treat found in Disney California Adveture at Pixar Pier.
Disney fan or not, these cookies are so fun to make and most certainly fun to eat! It’s like a deep dish cookie and I love that it comes baked in a little baking paper. For some reason it makes it a little more special.
Pixar Pier just opened up at Disneyland this last weekend and I felt like I was the only on the planet who wasn’t there. Watching my Instagram Stories it seemed like the world was completely enjoying the Pixar Fest and having a blast on all the reinvented rides. Truly, it’s because I follow a lot of people who are Disney fans! I was happy for them being at the happiest place on earth, but I also couldn’t feel a little envious of all their fun.
I was happy for them being
at the happiest place on earth,
but I also couldn’t feel a
little envious of all their fun.
Let’s talk about the Pixar Fest for a minute.
So many people were sharing the Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums and I knew immediate that I wanted to make them. I have The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe that I knew would work perfectly. Guess what? It did! I switched up my regular chocolate chips and used mini chips and chunks instead to mimic the original cookie.
At first I was a little skeptical about using these free standing baking pans. I thought my cookies would spread out too far and push the paper out, not keeping it’s shape. They ended up working out perfectly! You could certainly use the brown papers (that I linked below) but I really like the red and white polka dot ones for two reasons. Red is the color of The Incredibles and they also are little Mickey Mouse-esque!
Disneyland Copycat Recipes
These cookies are slightly crispy around the edges and ooey gooey in the center. If you like them a little bit more baked, cook them for 2 minutes longer. I also highly suggest serving them warm right from the oven. The originals are passed through a warmer before given to the customer and I think that is genius! Who doesn’t love a warm cookie?
- These are the Red and White Polka Dot Baking Papers I used.
- You can also use these Brown Baking Papers and they will work out equally as well.
Can you just imagine these Cookie Num Nums being served at an Incredibles themed party? I may not have even eaten an actual cookie from the Pixar Pier, but I don’t think anyone who eats my copycat version will mind!
Here are some other recipes I think you will love!
Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums Recipe
Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums
- 1 Cup Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt until almost incorporated.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and finish mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
- Place 9 free standing baking papers onto a large baking sheet.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of dough and place in the baking paper.
- Gently press down dough into the bottom of the paper.
- Press in a couple of chocolate chunks to top of each dough round
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve them warm.
Do you follow me on Pinterest?
Click the picture below to add this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board.