When it comes to Halloween, I am anti gross. I like the fun side of it all, but I still can't bare to walk down the spooky isle at the grocery store. I don't like watching scary movies and sometimes can even be a little afraid of the dark. I'm still not sure what possessed me to do, but I couldn't help myself!
And I don't know if it's scarier that my family actually likes meatloaf! When you've got a tasty recipe like I do, you can make anyone a fan.
"Feet Loaf" aka Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
2 large eggs
2 cups panko crumbs
1 pk au jus dry mix
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1 medium onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In large bowl whisk together eggs, au jus, pepper, dry mustard, and onion powder.
3. Mix in beef and panko crumbs. Don't over mix, just until combined.
4. Divide mixture in half and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Form each half into a foot shape like in the pictures above.
6. Cut a thick slice of the onion and using one ring, cut toenail shapes for each toe.
7. Slice two small onion rings and place onto the top of the ankle part (creating a stump).
8. Spoon on a little ketchup over each onion ring and spread a little so some of it will drip down the sides.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is cooked through.
10. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
11. My family likes to eat it with ketchup or stewed tomatoes. I prefer mine with brown gravy.
This recipe is linked up at - Friday Finds, Creative Collection, Link Party Palooza, The Party Bunch, Creative Exchange, Lovely Little Link Party,