I have a secret to share. I do not like to drink eggnog. Like, at all. Maybe it's because I can't get past that my mind think it's going to be milk when I drink it. I don't know, but it's my husbands all time favorite drink.
I really do love the idea of a festive drink for the holidays. It's been a tradition for my husband's family for years as I'm sure it is for most of you. And if you know me, I love traditions. Especially those around Christmas time.
Holiday Eggnog Pie
1 Premade Crust
1 5oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 1/2 Cups Eggnog
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1. Bake crust according to package or recipe directions. Let it cool completely before filling.
2. Whip together whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on high speed until firm peeks form. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whip together pudding, eggnog, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for two minutes on medium speed.
4. Immediately pour into crust and gently spread out evenly.
5. Top with whipped cream and cover completely.
6. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.