Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is super creamy and full of America’s favorite cookie, Oreos!
Here in the south, we take our ice cream very seriously!
I didn’t understand it until I first moved here to Texas and tried my very first Blue Bell Ice Cream.
It happened to be Cookies and Cream and it was the best thing I had ever tasted!
It’s my husband’s favorite flavor and because of that, it’s my oldest son’s favorite as well. I’ll admit, that I love it, too! We usually fight over the largest cookie chunks.
My husband thought it was as good
(and evenly slightly better)
than Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.
How to make Cookies and Cream Ice Cream?
Just like all of my other ice cream recipes, this one starts with super simple ingredients. It also calls for good old fashioned Oreo cookies.
I like to use the whole package of regular Oreos, but it would be equally as great with Double Stuffed Oreos.
Once you add these to the semi frozen ice cream they soften up just the right amount. Even if you sneak a few cookies before you crush them, it will be enough for this recipe!
When I served this to my husband and had him taste it, he truly loved it. Like, loved it enough he thought it was as good (and evenly slightly better) than Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. That’s how serious I’m taking this recipe!
Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 14 oz Oreos, Crushed
- In a large bowl mix together whipping cream, half and half and sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared ice cream maker.
- Turn on and let it run for about 20-25 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a gallon ziploc bag, gently crush and set aside.
- Once ice cream has started to firm up and get semi frozen, toss in crumbled cookies.
- Mix for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off ice cream maker and pour ice cream into a medium container.
- Freeze for 4 hours before scooping and serving.
Make sure to try these other homemade ice cream recipes…
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
And don’t forget to grab all my tips and tool recommendations over here!